Fun Story Telling 英语口语教学趣说故事法
1.教师指导学生在白纸上写上故事的六要素：5W+1H，即Where, When, Who What, Why, How。写好往下传。各组最后一个同学给第一个同学。
6.增加词汇训练，以delight为例；增加语法训练，以强调句句型It is... that....为例。要求学生发挥小组智慧，把这两个内容加入到原来的故事中。考察学生对于词汇和语法的理解。
ELT- FUN STORY TELLING
1. One pen and one piece of paper for each student, blackboard/whiteboard and chalks for the teacher, PPT if needed.
2. Students in a circle, either in groups or only in one group as long as the first student is connected to the last one. (if only one student is involved, the student and the teacher can be a group). 22 students in this teaching episode are divided into three groups, two with 7 students and one with 8 students.
1. Ask students to write down six elements for a story- 5W+1H on their paper, i.e. Where, When, Who What, Why, How and pass it on when finishing. It means the last student will pass his paper to the first student.
2. Guide students to write down a place for Where and then pass it on like before. This routine repeats until the six elements for a story are completed. Now, each student gets a paper with exact elements for a story.
3. Give students time to create a logical and fun story by using all these elements on their paper.
4. Require students to share their story with students before and after them. In this way, each student will have at least two chances to practice their oral English and have three stories at hand.
5. Invite students from each group to the platform to share one of the favorite stories they hear or create, which can contribute their public speaking skills. In this teaching episode, three students are invited to represent their group.
6. Practice students’ vocabularies, taking “delight” as an example and review their understanding of emphatic sentences, by giving the sentence structure “it is... that...”. Ask students to add these two into their original stories also in a logic and accurate way, but by group wisdom this time.
7. Invite the same students to share their stories again and check the using of the vocabulary and sentence structure with the whole class to strengthen their understanding of them.
8. End the activity by encouraging students to perfecting and sharing their stories after class and reassuring them the reality of good oral English through continuous practicing.
1. Learner-centred, inclusive, fun, engaging and creative.
Inspire students with a learning interest and motivation and thus facilitates students language and thinking ability.
2. Adaptable to different contexts, age groups and classrooms.
Suit students of different age groups and levels, from beginner to advanced learner; suit classes of different sizes, big or even one-to-one private tutoring and suit lessons of different training goals, from vocabulary to grammar.
3. Easy to set up and very little preparation time but with a fruitful and dynamic creation.